- Draft Medical kit requirements (published 6th July 2017)
- Protocol for Obtaining Schedule 4 & 8 Drugs for Racing Yachts in Victoria
- List of Participating Pharmacies for Accessing Drugs
- Recording supply and administration of prescription drugs – S4 Drug Register and S8 Drug Register. (This document will be released when the Medical Kit contents are confirmed by ORCV )
Managing Medical Incidents on board
- Senior First Aid certification is required for both crew members. (If your qualification has lapsed, contact the ORCV office re courses available )
- ORCV Medical Incident form (Print several copies to take with you)
Competitor health and well being
- Crew Confidential Medical Questionnaire
All competitors are required to complete this information prior to departure) Information is held by the Race Medical Officer (RMO) and will be shared with rostered duty Medical Officers in the event of an incident /illness. In the case of medical evacuation, the information will also be shared with the evacuation team.
- Travel Warnings
Up to date information re travel health risks will be issued as they are released with a final update prior to departure
- Webinar #5 Wednesday 27/9/2017 – Looking after Yourself (Dr Rosie Colahan and psychologist Mr Darren Eger)
- Webinar #6 Wednesday 22/11/2017 – Nutrition & Provisioning.
- Seminar Wednesday 28/2/2018 – First Aid Offshore and Review of Emotional Wellbeing.
A practical hands on session to get to know the contents of your Medical Kit and how to use them. This session will cover management of simple dislocations and fractures, wound management including suturing and stapling. Please note that this session is supplementary to and does not replace the need for Senior First Aid certification.
Emotional well being for the race ahead will be reviewed by psychologist Darren Eger with regards to planning for the ‘wobbly’ moments, managing the unexpected and controlling focus.
Medical – Dr Rosie Colahan firstname.lastname@example.org 0409 865 283
Psychology – Mr Darren Eger email@example.com 0423 100 031